The Web Workers API includes several interfaces that allow developers to create, manage, and communicate with worker threads. These interfaces include:
- Worker: The primary interface for creating a new worker thread.
- DedicatedWorkerGlobalScope: The interface for the global scope of a worker thread.
- SharedWorker: An interface for creating a shared worker that can be accessed by multiple pages.
- MessageChannel: An interface for creating a communication channel between two threads.
- WorkerNavigator: An interface for accessing information about the navigator object in a worker thread.
The Web Workers API is supported by most modern web browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge. However, it is important to note that some older browsers, such as Internet Explorer, do not support this feature.